2015. április 9., csütörtök

I Like Noise - The Beatles "Helter Skelter" Isolated Bass

It's a very unique record because John Lennon is playing the bass on this track with a Fender Bass VI.
I know it's a legend but nobody knows exactly who and what and which instrument played on this song, because the song was recorded many times during sessions for The White Album in 1968.
I think it's Lennon (because McCartney's bassline has more melodic parts) but in a 1980 interview, Lennon said, "That's Paul completely... It has nothing to do with anything, and least of all to do with me."

On 20 November 1968, days before the album was released McCartney gave an exclusive interview for the Radio Luxembourg and he said about "Helter Skelter": "Umm, that came about just 'cause I'd read a review of a record which said, 'and this group really got us wild, there's echo on everything, they're screaming their heads off.' And I just remember thinking, 'Oh, it'd be great to do one. Pity they've done it. Must be great — really screaming record.' And then I heard their record and it was quite straight, and it was very sort of sophisticated. It wasn't rough and screaming and tape echo at all. So I thought, 'Oh well, we'll do one like that, then.' And I had this song called "Helter Skelter," which is just a ridiculous song. So we did it like that, 'cuz I like noise."



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése